July 31, 2014

Beauty Blog: Summer Favorites

So much has gone on in my life the past few months that I haven't been great about posting my monthly beauty favorites so I figured I would do one that consisted of my summer favorites. I must admit that I have been slack with applying makeup this summer because I have stayed at home more and spent time by our pool! However, I do have a few products that are worth mentioning. When I did wear makeup these were used the most....some of them have been mentioned before but are definitely worth mentioning again. Enjoy!


Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation ($8.99) - This has been my go to foundation all summer long! It gives a nice luminous finish that is blendable, buildable and poreless. It's lightweight and doesn't feel like you have a ton of product on your face but gives a medium to full coverage effect. It claims it gives an airbrush finish and I would agree. I think this is perfect for normal to dry skin types but would be weary if you have oily skin. I do like that this has a pump so it makes for an easy application with your fingers or brush. I could see this being a "Holy Grail" item for me because it's that good! My shade is Sandy Beige - medium 1. (Another plus is they have a lot of shades to choose from!)




Maybelline Master Hi-Light in Nude ($8.99) - I have mentioned this in a previous blog post but it's all that I have been using for blush the past few months. I love that it gives color along with a nice hi-light effect that is natural. There isn't an ounce of sparkle or glitter, it's all sheen. It has great pigmentation and is long wearing. I own two other shades in this line but my favorite is Nude. I do couple this with another hi-lighter but that's because I prefer it that way but it gives enough on it's own that you don't have to.




Nyx Dusk til Dawn palette ($14.99) - I ran across this when I was at Ulta and fell in love with the colors. There are 8 shimmery shades and two matte shades that you can create day to evening looks with. They are highly pigmented and are long wearing. I have reached for this palette more than my Naked 3 one. This is super affordable and gives you some of the same shades you will find with the UD Naked Palettes. There are 2 other pallets in the "Dream Catcher" limited edition series; Stormy Eyes and Golden Horizons.





Benefit "They're Real!" Mascara ($23.00) - HOLY CRAP! This is hands down the BEST MASCARA ON THE PLANET! This mascara is amazing and I think everyone should have a tube of it. Within one or two coats your lashes look like falsies. It's crazy. It does everything you need it to...lengthens, curls and separates your lashes. It's like a one stop shop for mascaras. As far as I know it only comes in black and it doesn't say it's waterproof but I have never had a problem with it going anywhere even during tearful moments. I would never tell anyone to go buy a $23 mascara unless it was worth every penny.....and this is. Go get yourself a tube!!!!


famous Dave*s Pro Series Mousse Self Tanner ($32.00) - Even     though I have a pool and get some rays from the sun itself I prefer to keep my skin healthy by applying sunscreen s. naturally,  I don't achieve the tan I  would like. I tried this mouse that was sent to me by "famous Dave*s" and I must admit I was impressed. The scent was very light and didn't have that strong odor you typically get from self tanners. It was easy to apply with the mitt and even though it is colorless it's still easy to see where you're applying it. It produces the prettiest and most natural shade of "tan" in a  few short hours (3-5) with NO streaking. I applied it one night after I showered and exfoliated and woke up happy with the results. I will say the only "con" is that it's a tad sticky and I felt like my clothes were sticking to  me but I can deal with that due to the fact the final product is worth it. For me, the tan lasted around 3 days so this is something you would have to apply on a regular basis but it beats laying in a tanning bed or in the sun exposing yourself to harmful rays.
                                
There you have it! My summer beauty favorites! I hope to get back to my normal monthly blog posts in August. I do so much better once the kids are back in school and I have the house to myself! See you next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment