- 2 lbs of skinless chicken thighs (I used bone in. DO NOT use chicken breast for this recipe!)
- 1 bag of frozen onion, peppers and celery mix. (If you can't find that then any onion mix will do)
- 3 Tbs of tomato paste
- 1 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (I used the pre-minced garlic in the jar)
- 1/3 oz of dried mushrooms (I used Porcini and my food processor to grind them up)
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms (I used pre-sliced Baby Bella)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (I used the can with green chilis because we love spice)
- 1/2 tsp of dried Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup of a dry red wine
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the frozen veggie mix, dried mushrooms, garlic, oil, tomato paste and pepper flakes into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes.
2. Add the above ingredients along with sliced mushrooms, wine, dried seasoning and diced tomatoes to the slow cooker. Stir to combine all ingredients well.
3. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Nestle the thighs into the sauce.
4. Cook 4-6 hours on Low. I did turn mine up to high halfway through because I didn't start this until later in the day.