August 7, 2017

August Beauty Favorites

Even though I have not blogged in some time my love for makeup products has not wavered. I still am a huge makeup junkie and my bathroom is filled to the brim with products...I literally have a mini Ulta as a bathroom. It drives my husband insane but if you ask me, you can never have too many products to choose from. Over the past few months I have my favorites and I will share them with you!


L'Oreal's Infallible Total Coverage foundation ($10) - This stuff is amazing and seriously has some full coverage qualities. It's not like your typical full coverage foundation because it doesn't leave your skin looking dull and cakey. It covers and blends out well; and they have several shades to choose from. Once it's on it stays put all day and you won't sweat it off either. So it's good for an all day application! 



"Luminoso" Baked Blush by Milani ($7) - I have worn this shade for several years and it's been mentioned in my blog several times. You can't go wrong with this as it's great for any skin tone; including darker tones. It provides just enough shimmer and sheen with a high color payout. It's a beautiful shade of peach and coral. It stands to beat it's rival by NARS in Orgasm. Save your money and purchase this instead; you won't be disappointed. I've repurchased it several times now and I am in love with the product.


Maybelline Master Strobing Stick ($10) - This is easy peasy to use if you are new to the contouring world. It has just the right amount of sheen to give a nice highlighting effect. It's glides on without fuss or streaks. I have found the best way to blend this out is the old fashioned way...your fingers. Make sure you hit your nose and cupids bow for a beautiful effect. They make several shades for different skin tones but I use the "Fair/Iridescent" because I like the effect it gives me face without making me look like a disco queen or a frosted princess. 



Tarte Shape Tape Concealer ($25) - Yes, I know that is steep for a concealer but as we age some things you just have to bite the bullet on and I need some concealing these days. This stuff is AMAZING and covers pretty much anything you want/need covered. Forewarning, a little goes a long way! You don't need much of this or you will get a cakey effect and it will crease. You can set it with a powder if you choose but I use it alone just making sure not to apply with a heavy hand. 


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($25) - Another high end product but the proof is in the pudding. It goes on ultra black and thick! It makes your lashes pop almost giving a falsies look. I love this mascara and it's my daily go-to. It stays on all day without transferring to my lids but it's easy to take off with remover or a makeup wipe. I generally apply two coats of this beauty in a tube and I am set for the day. Yes, I still swear by L'Oreals Voluminous mascara but this is also a staple in my makeup collection. Even if you buy it for special occasions...make the purchase. You won't be disappointed. 


LipSense lipstick & gloss ($50 start up and $25 thereafter) - I was just introduced to this product last month and I am addicted. I have 7 shades now and love them all besides one that I can't really see on my lips (Caramel Apple). It's highly pigmented and it's completely SMUDGE PROOF and BUDGE PROOF. Once you apply 3 coats of this and the gloss it isn't going anywhere for at least 4-12 hours depending on the wear you put it through. Mine typically lasts around 6 hours. I am a huge fan of this and so glad it entered my beauty world. You have to buy this through a rep so let me know if you are interested and I can point you in the right direction!

Of course, I have so many other products I enjoy but these are the standouts for this month so stay tuned to see what I come across for September! Take care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment