September 17, 2013

Smack Ya Momma Salmon!

I have been back in the kitchen and found an amazing recipe that I *had* to share because it was seriously the best piece of fish I have ever eaten! I am not a big fish person so it had to be good to make me even consider cooking it again much less share the recipe on my blog. I have never cooked Salmon before so I was really going into this thinking it was going to be a huge disaster! I had NO idea what I was doing or how it would turn out but in the end I had very happy campers in the Beemer house and I was shocked at how good salmon tasted when it's been cooked right! I snagged this recipe from Pinterest (recipe link here) so you can pin it on your boards if you have an addiction to the site like I do; this recipe was originally on allrecipes.com which is another favorite of mine!


 
Ingredients
 
Salmon Fillets
(I used 3 small/medium sized fillets and had plenty of marinade)
Lemon Pepper
Garlic Powder
Salt (I use Kosher salt for cooking)
1/3 cup of Soy Sauce
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup of Water
1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
 
Directions
 
 
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt (to taste). I gently rubbed both sides of the fillets with this mixture, pressing into salmon.
 
 
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil until the sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours(mine stayed in the fridge for 4 hours; the longer the better, IMO). 


3. Preheat your grill for medium/high heat.

** We use a cast iron grill inside on our stove top so I just placed aluminium foil on top of the grate and put a thin layer of olive oil on top of it so the fish would not stick. If you do not have an inside cast iron stove top grill I will HIGHLY suggest purchasing one! They are so easy to use and convenient for simple recipes such as this. I purchased mine at Walmart for $40; it has a grill and griddle side. You can order the Lodge cast iron grill here. **

4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard any leftover marinade. Cook salmon for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes off.


I served the salmon fillets with Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus....all I can say is WOW! It was so delicious. The only complaint I had from my family is that I didn't make enough for seconds! If you are fish lover and in particular love salmon then I would try this recipe out! I also would try this if you are like me and sit on the fence with recipes for Salmon and Tilapia because this one by far has been my favorite, hands down! Enjoy!!


 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment