March 31, 2014

Beauty Blog: March Hits!

Spring has sprung and we are officially moving into April so that means it's time for my beauty "hits" for the month of March! This month I used a lot of new products that I was impressed with so I am excited to share those with you. 


Nyx Lip Smacking Fun Colors in Tea Rose #628 ($2.99) - This packed with pigmentation tube is a steal for the quality. I always gravitate towards pinkish nudes and this shade is a beautiful mauve pink. I like the fact that it's highly pigmented and leaves my lips feeling moisturized. This has a nice shine to it and the color pay off lasts for hours! The scent is also nice as it doesn't smell like wax. The only downfall to these shades is the packaging and even the display doesn't give you the true color. You kind of pick these up and hope for the best. However, for how cheap they are I really shouldn't complain because I was impressed. I am looking forward to trying some more from this line because they do have some other shades that would be great for Spring. 



L'Oreal Lashout Butterfly Mascara in Blackest Black ($7.99) - I have had this for a while but I used it a lot this month. When I don't want a very heavy, full effect this mascara is great because it doesn't pack a ton of product on your lashes but still gives a beautiful full, feathered effect. The wand is what makes this mascara amazing because it's almost like an angled comb that feathers your lashes out to make the "butterfly effect". This mascara would be great for everyday wear because this doesn't give you a false lash effect -- it's very simple and natural. I didn't buy the waterproof formula and I was impressed with the staying power of this formula....it lasts all day but you don't have to scrub your lashes off trying to remove the product at night! It's a Win/Win if you ask me. 


Maybelline Expert Wear Quad in Autum Coppers ($5.99) - This was mentioned in a YouTube guru's video and I had been eyeing it for a while and I decided to pick it up after she raved about it. I am so glad I did because I have used it a ton this month. The colors are very complimentary to brown, green or hazel eyes. The colors are velvety soft and pretty pigmented. I do notice that they last longer when I wear a primer than when I forget to. There are 4 shades: base, eyelid, crease and liner so it's simple to use for those that aren't sure where they need to apply each color. It's fool proof. This should be a staple in your collection of shadows. 


Nyx Slide on, Glide on, and Definietly a Turn On Waterproof Eyeliner in Jet Black($8.00) - This liner from Nyx has won several beauty mag awards and I can see why because it's a great liner. It's waterproof so it's great to use in your waterlines and it glides on without a ton of tugging. It's mechanical so you don't have to worry about using a sharpener. This line also carries several other shades; some are very bright so if you play around with colored liners be sure to check this line out because it is a good product. As far as the lasting power, it lasts most of the day but it doesn't have the staying power like some of the liquid liners I have used but it will last around 8-9 hours. 



L'Oreal Miracle Blur Instant Eye Smoother ($20.00) - I have several problem areas around my eyes; underneath my eyes are pretty dark and I have several small fine lines around that area that I wanted to blur. This product just came out and I picked it up because the Miracle Blur worked wonders on my face. This has the same concept as it helps blur and diminish the appearance of fine lines in your eye area and it helps fade dark circles in 4+ weeks. I can tell a difference in my eye area when I use this because it does seem to lighten and blur my lines. I have also found that it helps my concealer glide on easier and it doesn't settle in my fine lines underneath my eyes. 



Nyx Illuminator in Narcissistic ($9.00) - I am a sucker for highlighters so I had to try this when I saw it at Ulta. It's the prettiest shade and highlights without a ton of sparkle on your face; it's very subtle. This would be pretty on any skin tone in my opinion. I like that this is a pretty pink, nude shade so it works well with about any shade of blush. It gives a nice healthy, youthful light to your cheekbones. This color has also won several beauty magazine awards so it's truly a great product. The pigmentation is amazing, the price is fair and the staying power is great. There are 4 shades in this line so there is one to compliment all skin tones. 



L'Oreal Revitalift Moisture Blur ($20.00) - I had ran out of my Miracle Blur and was beyond excited when this came out because I was on the fence about the formula with the original product. I am in LOVE with their new Moisture Blur because it has everything I need in one tube. It has 24 hour hydration, SPF and it helps blur the imperfections in my face. It basically mattes everything out so the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, large pores and pigmentation problems are barely noticeable. I wear this under my make-up and some days I just wear it alone if I am not wanting to put my face on but need to run errands. This is totally a holy grail item for me -- I will continue using this as long as they make it!! 

That wraps up my "hits" for the month of the March and this month I have no misses to talk about which is a good thing. That says I didn't waste money on beauty products that turned out to be crap. As always, thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions on the products I have mentioned in this blog post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment