June 18, 2014

Foodie Post: Super Easy Sundrop Cake

I have been in a baking mood recently and I guess I have also had "home" on my mind because I have been baking Sundrop cakes like crazy!! Many people around here (GA) aren't familiar with the delicious Sundrop that we all crave in Concord....they are missing out! I have a Sundrop cake recipe that was passed down to me from my Mammaw but it is very time consuming so I was thrilled when I ran across a SUPER easy one on Pinterest that uses boxed ingredients. I was skeptical because I mean I was basically cheating while making this but it turns out that it tastes the same (if not better) than the handed down recipe.....*gasp*. I have had several people ask for the recipe so I figured I would share it in a blog post because it's just that darn good. Enjoy!

Cake Ingredients

1 box of Lemon Cake Mix
1 box of INSTANT lemon pudding
3 eggs
3/4 cup of oil
12 ounces of Sundrop

Icing Ingredients

1 cup of powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons of water (I've always used 2)
Vanilla flavoring (I use a capful)

Baking Instructions
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the cake ingredients together and pour into your  greased bundt pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Let your cake cool before removing it from the pan or you run the risk of your cake falling apart. Pour (or drizzle) icing over cake when it has been transferred to serving plate.





No comments:

Post a Comment