February 8, 2012

Don't let the day suck...

"Don't let the day suck" has become my personal motto for several months now. As some of you know I suffer from anxiety and depression. I was diagnosed with both in early 2011 and have been dealing with the symptoms on a day to day basis....you heard me right, day to day.

Depression and anxiety wasn't something that I thought I would grow up and experience because I was always such the social butterfly and was happy most of the time.

I have learned as you get older things change, you change and there is nothing you can really do about it. I have to learn how to cope with my anxiety and depression symptoms which at times can be very hard and difficult. When I am having a bad day I seclude myself from the world and worry my day away. In my case it's debilitating. It robs me of good days with my family and friends.

Luckily, I do have a Doctor who is trying her best to make every one of my days a good one. With her help and the help of medicine I should be back on track soon. Attending Church has helped some and my parents have helped tremendously. I am fortunate enough to have a very good support system....some don't.

So, this was just my mini therapy session for the day. I will get back to crafting, blogging and all of my other fun stuff very soon. The old Jamie is coming back; it's just taking me a little longer than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment