December 11, 2013

Beauty Blog: My November "Hits & Misses" with YouTube video

I hope that all of you are enjoying the month of December; it's already flying by and Santa's big day is only 14 days away!!!! How is it that once we hit the month of October the remaining 3 months of the year fly by at super sonic speed?? I feel like it's a complete whirlwind and the year is over in a blink of an eye. I also SWEAR that times goes by faster as you get older and I don't like that one bit. Anyway, enough of my rambling and let me just jump into what you are here for in the first place....my November "Hits and Misses". As I mentioned in my video these are beauty products that I used the most in the month of November and they all have been in my collection for a while so these are tried and true products that I stand behind and enjoy using.


NOVEMBER BEAUTY "HITS"
 


L'Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Shadow in Amber Rush ($6.97) - I have several of these shadows by L'Oreal and this by far is the one I use the most. It's a very pretty shade that reminds me of Rose Gold and Copper. It lasts all day long without creasing or fading and is highly pigmented. I also like the fact that there is little, if any, fall out when using this. This does have sheen to it so if you tend to like matte shades then you may want to skip this one all together. However, if you do like sheen and have green or hazel eyes this really helps brighten those and gives them more depth.




Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso ($6.97) - I have discussed this shade in older blog posts but it's a shade that is a HG (Holy Grail) item in my make-up collection. This is the prettiest shade of pink/coral mixed with gold. Even though it appears there is shimmer in this blush it doesn't transfer that way once applied; it gives more of a glow rather than a shimmer effect. This would be beautiful on all skin tones and I wear it year round. It is highly pigmented so use a light hand when applying. Luminoso also blends well and is buildable. This is said to be a dupe of Nars' Orgasm.



Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten ($18.00) - This is a color that I wear EVERY SINGLE DAY when I am wearing making. It's a beautiful and classic champagne (almost nude) color that is great as an all over lid color as well as a highlighter for your brown bone. I use this alone when I am barely wearing make-up just for a "awake" look and then I use it as a base color when I am applying a full face. This is shimmery, highly pigmented and lasts all day. There tends to be some fall out with this so just be careful when applying.


Scandaleyes by Rimmel in Nude ($3.97) - This is a waterproof kohl liner that I use as a dupe for Tarte's Inner Rim Brightener. I apply this to my lower inner rim to give my eyes a brightening effect. This leaves me looking awake and wide eyed. You can also apply this to the inner corner of your eyes to help brighten them up! This is a super soft liner so it glides on easy and stays for the better part of the day. I do notice that it fades by the time I remove my make-up but my eyes tend to water more than most. I would highly recommend this to Momma's who lack sleep and wake up with tired looking eyes because this is an easy trick that really does work!


 L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara ($7.00) - I wear the waterproof formula in Black. This mascara is AMAZING and the brush is what makes the difference. It's a very large full brush with defined bristles so you can get right into each lash at your roots and swipe upwards to coat your lashes. Two coats of this wonderful mascara and you have the most beautiful lashes that appear full and ginormous. I am highly impressed with all of the mascaras that L'Oreal has to offer because they are all great and none of them bother my super sensitive eyes. They are also great for contact lense wearers. The waterproof formulas do take some work when your removing them so if you can get away with wearing the non-waterproof formula then I would go with that instead....however, my eyes water a ton so I have to stick with waterproof mascaras.

Kabuki Face Brush by E.L.F. ($6.00) - This is a dense brush that is a must have in your collection because it's a miracle worker as far as blending is concerned. I never fully understand the real need for a Kabuki brush because I was always under the impression it was to be used strictly for mineral make-up. However, when used as a blender it gives you a flawless finish. It blends everything out beautifully and you don't have to worry about seeing where your contract and blush starts/stops. Just use in a circular motion to buff/blend and I promise you that you'll be asking yourself why you had never purchased one of these sooner!!


Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil by Organix ($6.72) - This is a deep penetrating oil that works wonders if you have dry, damaged or brittle hair. Not only does this stuff smell so freaking good it really does leave your hair super soft and healthy looking. This is a very lightweight oil so you don't have to worry about it weighing your locks down or giving your hair an "oily" appearance. I would suggest that you don't use this near your roots because it did make that section of my hair appear oily but when I tried this a second time I made sure to only apply it mid-section down to the tips and it was much better. It made my dull ends appear healthier and less brittle. Just apply a small amount because a little goes a long way!

The Bun Maker by Conair ($4.97) - Even mentioning this product cracks me up because it's silly but it works wonders and is a lifesaver for me. I could never get into the Pinterest Sockbun craze because it never worked out for me so when I saw this at Wal-Mart I had to have it. I honestly use this several times a week when I am in a hurry or have a dirty hair day. It's fast, easy and actually makes your hair look cute without having to worry about your sock showing through your bun! The only thing you need out of this kit is the netted ring so if you can find one of those get that instead so you can save a couple of bucks. This is pretty much self explanatory so I won't bother talking about it any longer :)


Cognac Metal Cuff from Payless ($9.00) - This type of cuff is really trending right now and I picked this up at Payless a while back. When I wear this I am constantly being asked where I bought it and who made it. It resembles a Hermes cuff but I could only own one of those in my dreams!! I have enjoyed wearing this and it goes with about it anything. I didn't see this available on the Payless website so I guess it's only sold in stores. If you run across it I would recommend picking one up because it's a great accessory that adds a little perk to your outfit!




NOVEMBER BEAUTY "MISSES"
 
 

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($4.97) - I picked these towelettes up after I ran out of mine. I had heard excellent things about these and was excited to try them even though I was unhappy about the price. These are around the same price as the Equate ones I buy but there are only 25 in the package whereas 40 in Equate brand. Anyway, I tried these and was so disappointed. I hated the smell of the wipes and I felt like it didn't remove even half of my make-up. I will never purchase these again and I didn't even continue using them after several days of giving this a chance.


Youthful Wear Foundation by Physicians Formula ($14.95) - I am a huge fan of PF but this product was a total waste of money. The formula in this foundation is entirely too pasty and thick. It comes with it's own foundation brush but that did nothing but smear it all over my face. I couldn't get this stuff to blend in or buff out. It was just horrible. It reminded me of Brody's diaper cream and nobody wants that on their face! This was a total bummer and I wish I had my $15 bucks back!! Total miss!!!!






I hope that this has been helpful and Please check out my YouTube video here!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment