June 16, 2011

Mending Me


"Positive minds produce positive lives. Negative minds produce negative lives. Positive thoughts are full of faith and hope. Negative thoughts are always full of fear and doubt." 
 - Joyce Meyer, Battlefield of the Mind

" For as he thinks in his heart, so is he."
Proverbs 23:7


I have thrown myself into Joyce Meyer's book  "Battlefield of the Mind" after several friends and family members suggested it would be a great book for me to read since I have had a tough couple of months struggling with depression. Wow, what a book! It has really open my eyes about the power YOU have over your own thoughts and feelings and how evil does enter your life through avenues you would never consider...like my mind which has consistently been very negative for several long months. This book has been a very pleasant read; it's not too preachy or overbearing and it allow you to understand what she is talking about even when making references to the bible. And we all must admit that there are times you read the bible and are like "What in the hell did that just say?!?".... Just keeping it real people. I am changing some of me but there are some parts that are hanging around because that's just me ;) Take it or leave it. 

I am hoping to have the book finished by next week and I can already tell the difference it has made within me and the way I am starting to look and treat life in general. Even my friends have noticed the change in my attitude so that in itself is the most rewarding for me. 

In less than 24 hours we will be BEACH BOUND!!!! I am so excited about it! I hope I can sleep tonight because I am tired but usually I end up tossing and turning all night before a weekend getaway.  This is the first time we have been somewhere together in over a year so it's loooooonnnnng overdue. It will just be Mike, myself and Brody but we'll still make the best of the situation. Victoria is in Texas visiting her Mom for part of the summer so she's missing out on our little getaway. However, our friends own a condo in Santa Rosa so we can go back again as long as it's available. 

So, the way I look at it...Life is pretty darn good right now. God always knows what you need but sometimes there is a reason why he waits to give it to you. I gotta remember it's all about his timing and not mine! 

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I know we are going to try real hard making and capturing memories <3

1 comment:

  1. I loooove all the positivity, too! :-)

    Have a FABULOUS beach vacay! I know y'all just went to ATL last month, but hopefully this will be just as fun in a very relaxing way! :-)

    ReplyDelete