November 22, 2013

Beauty Blog: Drugstore Foundation Review!

I just wrapped up a YouTube video that highlighted four popular drugstore foundations and I gave my review on them! I find that these are very helpful when I watch them because finding the right drugstore foundation seems nearly impossible at times. I also have a habit of getting bored with wearing the same beauty products so I tend to try out new things (especially foundations) when something new hits the market! So here is a recap of my video...







Revlon Color Stay Whipped ($12.00)

Pros: Medium - Full coverage, Matte Finish, Long Wearing, Blendable, Doesn't magnify pores, fine lines and wrinkles

Cons: Bulky Packaging, Doesn't contain SPF

Tips: Apply with fingertips and blend out with beauty blender

 






 Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse ($8.00)

Pros: Lightweight, Medium Coverage, Ultra Hydrating, Dewey Finish, Long Wearing

Cons: Doesn't contain SPF, Limited Color Choices, Sponge applicator

Tips: For a more matte finish apply powder to set












Revlon PhotoReady ($14.00)

Pros: Contains SPF, Matte Finish, Pump Application, Buildable, Medium-Full coverage, Airbrushed finish (flawless)

Cons: Drying, Limited Color Choices

Tips: MOISTURIZER!!!! This formula is very drying so using a moisturizer helps and also helps for a smoother application.













Loreal True Match Lumi ($12.00)

Pros: Hydrating, Dewey/Luminous Finish, Pump Application, Buildable, Contains SPF, Lightweight

Cons: Transfers easy, Can be greasy, Not long wearing

Tips: Use this as a highlighter instead of a foundation!








Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe! I hope this video has been helpful and I should have another beauty blog post coming up next week with my "November Hits & Misses"!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment