November 26, 2013

Tastey Tuesday: Great Grandma Carriker's Peanut Butter Cookies

Today I am sharing a recipe that has been in my family forever! I make these every year during the holidays for my Dad because they are his favorite cookies. They are quick, easy and delish! I also like the fact that it makes a ton of cookies without spending a whole day in the kitchen so they're perfect for school and work parties. I don't know what it is about using recipes that have been in your family for ages but I find that I enjoy eating those more than those found on the Internet. It also takes me back to my childhood and brings up memories of spending time with my great-grandparents and grandparents. Family recipes are always made with love and that makes them special!



Great Grandma Carriker's Peanut Butter Cookies
 
 
Ingredients
 
1/2 cup of Shortening
1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. of Baking Soda
1 tsp. of Vanilla
1 1/4 cups of Flour
 
Mix all ingredients in order given. Roll batter into balls, using 1 teaspoon of dough for each cookie. Press flat with fork. Bake on a greased pan at 325 degrees until lightly browned (10-12 minutes). Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
 
Helpful Hint: Dip your fork in water before pressing down on your cookie and it will help prevent sticking.
 
 
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and use it during the holidays because I am positive your family will love them!!! I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by your loved ones! See you next Tuesday :)
xoxo
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment