January 22, 2011

Hush Little Baby...well, maybe not.

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. 
 ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I know that this is going to sound crazy but at times I really do miss my baby boy once he is asleep. However, there are times that I can't wait for him to lay his pretty head down and start catching some Zzzzz's!

My favorite thing to do lately is listen to him on the monitor while he settles down to sleep before his nap & bed time. 

He amuses himself (and me) with all of the little quirky things he does in his crib while fighting sleep. He sleeps with his "friends" (Micky, Baby and several Rawr Rawr's and his 2 binkies) and they always seem to play and come alive when it's time to settle down. Mickey Mouse is his favorite pal and the two visit McDonald's on a daily basis for french fries, nuggets and a Frappe....on a good day they visit twice!

I used to ignore the monitor as long as everything sounded okay and there wasn't a constant stream of screaming coming through the speaker but now I have stopped to listen to the "music". Sometimes I find myself getting a little sentimental when sitting on the couch with the TV muted so I can hear Brody chatting it up with Mickey. I know that there will be a time (sooner than later) when those little conversations will stop and they will be a thing of the past. The days seem to go by so quickly and I wish I could just bottle this age up and save it. Brody is so cute and animated now that he can put sentences together and his imagination is running wild. Just in the two short years he has been in this world he has learned so much and grown so fast! I also find myself worrying that I will forget all of the little things and sayings that come out of his little mouth...I read in a magazine to start a journal where you write down the date and the "one liner" that was shared that day and I thought it was a great idea! I have started that and I already have a list to chuckle at; I am sure 20 years from now I will enjoy looking at it and happy I took the time to write them down.

So, with that being said, my advice for the day is to stop and listen to the "Music" your little one is making. You will be glad you did and you will get an automatic smile on your face and in your heart. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so very sweet. <3 Although I love the people my children have become, I so miss when they were little, and would love and snuggle on me. Cherish this time, because you are right, it goes by much too quick. <3

    ReplyDelete