July 18, 2011

Sinful Shrimp

A few weeks ago my good friend, Kristen, invited us over for dinner and she made the most FABULOUS meal for us and I *had* to have the recipe because if Mike could have licked the bowls he would have (secretly, I could have too).

She served us a delightful Shrimp recipe with cheese grits and Spinach Salad; the meal was incredible and incredibly easy! I asked for the recipe and have made it twice already!

So, I am going to share all three recipes with you because once you make it, you will continue making it. It would be perfect for entertaining guests or just used as a quick dinner for your family!

SHRIMP RECIPE
- 4 lbs of Shrimp (you can use the frozen kind in the bag, shell or no shell...I personally used the ones already shelled).
- 1.5 cups of butter
- 1/4 cup of Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of crushed Rosemary
- 2.5 chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1.5 cups of Beer (I have used both light and dark)

Saute Shrimp in butter; a minute or so. Add all of the ingredients except the beer and cook for 3-4 minutes (until Shrimp curl up). Turn down burner and add beer...let simmer until desire doneness. I like my Shrimp "well-done" so I cook for another 8-10 minutes but you can cook them less than that.

CHEESE GRITS
I personally used the Quaker Oats Instant Grits (Cooks in 5 minutes). To make them extra creamy half whatever the recipe calls for and add 50/50 milk and water! I usually make the recipe for 4 and have plenty of grits; the recipe calls for 3 cups of water so I do 1.5 cups of Milk and 1.5 cups of Water. Add shredded cheese along with the grits to the boiling water, cover and let cook per the directions. When the grits are done I add about 3 tablespoons of butter....yummy!

BABY SPINACH SALAD
This is really up to you but I also stole Kristen's recipe for her salad mixture and it's served on a weekly basis in the Beemer House. I use Baby Spinach in the bag and add pesto & olive oil for the dressing. Stir in salad to coat the spinach well. Then I add sunflower or pumpkin seeds along with Craisens. Top with Parmesan cheese.

This meal is wonderful and I hope you get a chance to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment