April 6, 2011

Time keeps on slippin' ....

Have you ever had one of those days where it hit you that there seriously wasn't enough time in a day to get ALL the things you want and need to get done? This afternoon was that type of day for me. It's like the old saying "Don't bite off more than you can chew" and that saying was drilled into my brain by my parents and grandparents on a daily basis while growing up but obviously it never sank in....I tend to do it more often than I should. I always cram as much as I can in a day and that leaves me up writing on these blogs until 1 or 2 in the morning because it takes me that long to unwind and I can only blog when the house is quiet!


The downside about blogging in a quiet house is that it's actually too quiet and my mind starts thinking about what I was supposed to do, need to do, didn't do or wasted time doing. It's very frustrating because I have so much I want and need to do but there are only 24 hours in a day and if I want to sleep then things keep getting shifted to the next day....and that adds on to "the list".


Funny thing is that my "To Do" list never gets done and I keep adding (imagine that) to it. I'm not a happy person if I am not staying busy so I guess it's good that my list keeps getting longer because I will never be bored, unhappy or restless....well, "rest-less" from lack of sleep! I still have so much I want to do in my craft room and that keeps moving over to new list(s)! I have sewing projects I want to start (and finish), put the finishing touches on some cards I started making with my Cricut, paint the wooden birdhouse I bought a while ago so I can hang it by the garden beds. We need to  hide the Geocoin we found while Geocaching months ago before some angry mob of Geocacher's hunt us down for it. I need to finish decorating the yard for Easter. I need to transfer my seedlings from their indoor trays out and into the garden beds within the next week. I need to start planning Brody's birthday party which is in July...


It's like the list has turned into a book. It's nuts. Good thing is that I will eventually find a way to get it all done and make it happen. That's one of those OCD traits in me and it's one I don't mind having. I do stay somewhat organized and make all of the chaos above happen. I may drive my family completely insane in the process but they will manage and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment