November 18, 2011

Leslie's "Cream of Broccoli Soup", thanks to Aunt Judy

A couple of years ago we were hanging out with our Concord neighbors, Leslie and Richard and we experienced the most amazing Cream of Broccoli soup on a very cold evening. It was so good that I knew I had to get the recipe so I could repeat the recipe for my family during the cold winter months. It's so good that I want to share it with my Facebook/Blogger world friends! So here goes.

 You will need the following ingredients:

1 lb of Broccoli (I buy the 1 lb bag of frozen florets)
8 oz of Butter NOT margarine
1 cup of Flour
1 Qt of Chicken Stock
1 Qt of Half & Half
Salt, Pepper and Garlic powder

Now you are ready to make this tasty dish!

Steam the Broccoli in 1/2 cup of water until tender. Do not drain.
Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat.
Add flour by the tablespoon to make a roux. Cook 2-4 minutes.
Add chicken stock while stirring with a whisk.
Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low.
Add Broccoli, Half & Half, salt, pepper and garlic powder (to your liking).
DO NOT BOIL.....stir often.

Once this is made in the pot on the stove I transferred the soup into a crockpot on low heat. That way it's available all day long!

This is a quick and easy soup....a must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment