August 8, 2011

The Early Bird Gets the Worm?

I am not sure what has gotten into me lately but I have been getting up early (for me) and I am starting to enjoy the stillness of the quiet house.

A month ago I would have shot down any opportunity to rise early so I could catch a few more Zzzz's but now I am ready to start my morning so I can get a few one hour to my myself before the house awakens.

Mike leaves early for work and Victoria has had band camp for the past week so she is out the door early too....that just leaves me and the little guy here for most of the day and once B is up then it's on like Donkey Kong. I don't stop running around the circles he runs around me.

Luckily, Brody is normally a late sleeper (just like his Momma...used to be) so that means I can enjoy a good cup of coffee and catch up on my DVR, Facebook & Emails or just get little things done around the house that would be virtually impossible while he was awake.

I can honestly say that I am enjoying these "free" hours and look forward to going to bed somewhat early so I can rise early and not be too tired or grumpy. Maybe this is just another part of aging...who knows. I find myself doing a lot of things lately that I once defined an "old" person doing so that is why I chose to use the old wives tale as my header....

"The Early Bird Gets the Worm"

..... and in my case it seems to be a proven fact that you get more done and feel better about things the earlier you rise. Who knew that my grandparents really knew what they were talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment