August 10, 2011

My Little Vicki


As many of you know I have a beautiful step-daughter named Victoria. I really don't like to use the word "step-daughter" because in my mind she is my own flesh and blood. I met Miss Victoria as a sassy little girl who was being raised by a tender hearted Marine. It was a weird combination but I went with it and ultimately fell in love with both of them. Victoria captured my heart first and her father did years later.
Victoria and I have a unique relationship that really can't be expressed or put into words. We have been through or rough patches but what mother-daughter relationship doesn't have those?

She has blossomed from a little girl into a young lady the past 6 years and it amazes me how beautiful she is inside and out. It's hard to believe that this little elementary schooler is now starting high school this year. Where has the time gone?!?

I am a bit sad that she is entering high school because I know that our years with her at home are numbered to about four then she will be heading off to college (praying it's somewhere close to us) to pursue who dreams. At the moment she wants to be a pastry Chef but that could change like the color of her walls do every couple of years. Whatever she wants to be I will support because I love her with every ounce of my being.

Yesterday was her orientation for High School and as much as I complained about the chaos of the situation I believe that was my defense mechanism kicking in so I wouldn't burst into tears. Memories of my own high school years came flooding back and it's so refreshing to know she will be making her own wonderful memories in the near future. I am sure she will be an outstanding student (as always) as well as an active member in sports, band and clubs. Her outgoing and vibrant personality is contagious so she is always a popular kid to be around and she isn't hurting in the beauty department either (poor Mike).

So, I will wrap up by saying, I am a proud Mom to Miss Victoria and I hope her freshman year of high school is everything she wants it to be and more. I love her to pieces and I can't wait to share in the memory making of the next chapter of her life: High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment