February 16, 2011

Get.It.Together

Life has been so busy the past few days that I can't even see straight -- it seems my day is a blur and then I am heading to bed to start the next day. I hate that feeling because it's like life is passing me by as I stay busy with chores, errands, appointments and other things. There was a time when I thought "old" people were nuts for saying time passed by so quickly because it seemed to be going 0 mph for me as a young adult but now it doesn't seem all  that crazy -- it's real and I don't really care for it.

I know that right now some of the chaos is situational and will end soon. We are in the middle of buying my dream home and the process has been very time consuming. I never knew what went into buying a home and now that I do, I am not sure I want to do it again any time soon. We have dealt with appraisers, inspectors, handymen, lawyers, bankers and the sellers. We have had the security system installed and reprogrammed and had the pool guy out here numerous times to get the pool up and running for the upcoming summer season. It's madness.

On top of all of that mess we have Victoria's soccer season that is in full swing and it's a Monday- Friday thing for the next several months. She practices 3-4 times a week and has 1-2 games a week. We are never home before 6:00 and then it's time for homework, dinner and baths for the kids. Before I know it the clock is stating it's 10:00 or so and I am just getting to the point where I can unwind. I am the type of person that HAS to unwind before bed and doing this mean I am up past 11:30 trying to calm myself down from a hectic day. It's fine if I don't have to be up early and Brody allows us to sleep in but doesn't work so well when we have to be up on school days around 8:00!

I have really needed to blog the past couple of days just to vent but I haven't even had a chance to do it. I start to log on and then I get caught up with something else. My mind seems to be going a gazillion times a minute. I have so much that I want (keyword: want) to get done but I just can't find the time. Here is my list so far:

- Go home to Concord for a few days or fly Mom down here for a few days
- Paint my Bedroom
- Organize my new craft room
- USE my craft room
- Actually turn my sewing machine on for the first time (it was a Christmas gift from Mike)
- Sew some curtains for Vic's room 
- Buy a cricut so I can make various projects I have had my eye on
- Organize the bonus/teen room
- Paint the bonus room - it's an awful orange color -ugh!
- Go through Brody's toys and throw out the crap
- Go through Brody's clothes and take out all of the small stuff
- Paint Brody's room - waiting to confirm his love of choo-choo trains before doing so
- Make my sweatshirt/hoodie for Vic's soccer game
- Make our own geocache location
- Use the convection oven that Mike's Mom sent me for Christmas
- Save all of my current pictures on our external hard drive
- Update Brody's photo albums with current pictures
- Take a new family photo of ourselves

That is some of it and there is probably a ton more in my head that I have forgotten about. I just get caught up in every day life that I don't have time for anything else or "extra". I try to make time for our friends and now that Susie and her family are finally here I know we will be spending a lot of time together. The kids all seem to really enjoy each other and what's not to love about Susie and John?!? They are great people that are fun to be around. They are "family" people as well as "date night" people so it will be exciting to have them here for the 18 months or so.

Well, it's 11:15 and I need to get some sleep -- Brody has school tomorrow so we have to be up early and it's taken me forever to get him dressed and ready to go in the mornings. He wants to pick out his own clothes and if you don't let him he gets mad and won't cooperate. I have to force clothes on his body while he's sitting Indian style, arms crossed, head hunkered down on his chest in the middle of the living room floor. Try changing a diaper in that nonsense....it's not easy but I manage.

However, I love this life and wouldn't trade it for anything. It wouldn't be my life if it wasn't chaotic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment