March 2, 2011

Compromise, Curtains and Chaos

This week I have been dealing with Compromise, Curtains and Chaos. I know today is only Wednesday but I have been on a roller coaster ride the past 3 days and I am ready to get off (please and thank you). 


Compromise has NEVER been something that I have been good at. I hate compromising because I always want it my way and to *me* that is the only/right way. I know, I know, that is totally narcissistic but it's who I am and changing that part of my personality is an ongoing thing that I deal with daily. I have had to learn that *my* way isn't always the best or right way to do things and you have to meet in the middle. I also can't have my cake and eat it too. Ugh, typing that was like nails.on.a.chalkboard!!! This week I have found that if I want certain luxuries in life then I have to be willing to give up some of my current luxuries (boo, hiss). 


Our house stays in a constant state of disarray because I don't like to clean and I am too busy to deal with it. It may also be that we have a 2.5 year old and a 14 year old who rarely pick up after themselves! What little free time I do have these days shouldn't be used to clean the house. It should be a law for all mothers -- seriously. With that being said, I had mentioned to Mike that we could possibly use a housekeeper to help with the nasty, deep cleaning that neither one of us like to do. I honestly thought he would completely shut my idea down but he didn't...I was floored when he said to look into the cost of having one come every couple of weeks. Excuse me, where is my husband? He needs to be returned immediately (well, maybe not if this version likes the idea of a housekeeper). Now I know my husband and everything comes at a price and this is where compromising comes in on my part! I have to compromise by spending less time & money during my weekly Wal-Mart runs and less money on craft supplies. Easier said than done. I can drop $50 in a minute at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby so this will be a big learning experience. However, I am willing to do that so I don't have to sweep, mop and clean nasty bathrooms! 


I finally got around to using my sewing machine that my sweet husband bought me months ago but I don't know what in the hell I am doing. I didn't even know what a bobbin was and thankfully being the analytical type my husband is bought one that basically does it all for you. If it didn't, I would be lost and the machine would collect dust. It took me 2 hours to get the thing threaded and a bobbin made even though it's all automatic. Sad. I wasn't going to let the machine intimidate me and I was determined to make something this week.....and I did! My first project was making Victoria some zebra print curtains for her room. I used the dust ruffle of her bed set as fabric because she has a sleigh bed and the ruffle couldn't be used. I know a child probably could have completed this mini project because it basically was just sewing a straight line but I was really proud of the finished product. I definitely need to take some sewing classes because I don't think I can teach myself. Sewing with a machine is so much harder than I remembered and I have a new respect for seamstresses. 


Brody has been crazy this week; he is all about using the "potty" but the problem is that he doesn't *use* it! He thinks it fun to undress from the waist down and sit on the potty only to sing and read the day away. It's really becoming a problem and I don't know what to do about it. I want him to use the potty but he thinks that it's for entertainment purposes so we aren't getting anywhere. The Doctor (and friends) keep telling me it will happen when they are ready and not to stress about it but I can't help it. Nothing is more annoying than being couped up in a small bathroom while your child sits on the potty for an hour singing, giggling and telling you to "sit on the potty". I can only do the "potty dance and song" for so long before my rear starts to hurt! I am sure there is an indention where my butt has been on our poor spare bathroom toilet because that is where I have spent most of my time this week. And if I have to sing "Pee Pee in Potty, Poo Poo in the Potty" one more time I may rip out my own vocal cords. I.AM.OVER.IT.



No comments:

Post a Comment