March 27, 2011

Sew, maybe not.

Martha Stewart Bunny
Tonight I had a little time to myself (Thank God) and I wanted to finish a sewing project I had started over a month ago. I had seen the cutest little bunny project in my Martha Stewart bible and it *looked* easy so I thought I would give it a whirl. Needless to say it took me longer than expected and I am not so sure I am cut out for this sewing thing. Even though the project was only a couple pieces of fabric sewn together I felt like I had completed a quilt by the time I was done. It was so much harder than I anticipated and it really has made me a little insecure about future sewing projects. I messed up several times and had to undo some stitches and restitch poor "Miss Bunny"....I am sure she felt like a voodoo doll when I finally finished her!


I think she turned out pretty good (and cute) for my first time sewing something like this. I think I will try a couple more smaller projects before I try my hand at the pillowcase dresses that I have been aspiring to make. I know I can't be Martha Stewart overnight but I am going to get there.....eventually....that's the perfectionist and OCD in me :)
My "Miss Bunny"

1 comment:

  1. Good job Jamie! Its cute and way more than I could ever sew :)

    ReplyDelete