March 15, 2011

"Fabulous Friday"...

Fridays are supposed to be "Fabulous" right?!? I mean for most working Americans it's a sign that the weekend is ahead and it's time to let loose for a couple of days and enjoy a couple of days off from the hustle and bustle of the busy week. 


My Friday started off somewhat fabulous or so it seemed -- 3/11/11 was the day that our home was *finally* ours and we were homeowners in the great southern state of Georgia. Our home that we own in Concord is really Mike's so this was our first home buying experience as Mr. & Mrs. Beemer. Excited right? Right. We met at the lawyers office and signed our life away to what seemed like a thousand pieces of paper but it was still worth it because we purchased the home that I had been lusting over for months. 


As I had mentioned in my previous post I have been bit with "Puppy Fever" and I had my eye on this precious little girl named Lucy at the local animal shelter. I had been begging Mike for days for the puppy and what better way to celebrate our new life and home in Georgia together with nothing other than a new puppy for our family? My constant begging and pleading fell on Mike's deaf ears Friday because I knew when the clock struck 4:30 we were not getting a puppy to celebrate because it was too close to the shelters closing. I was completely bummed even though Mike tried to lighten my mood by telling me he still had something fun planned for us to celebrate. 


While on our way home we get a call from a hysterical Victoria stating screaming Brody had just thrown up all over himself and our sofa while we were at our closing meeting. She was having a complete meltdown and had no idea what to do or handle the situation....Victoria "doesn't do" puke!


Thankfully we were only minutes away from home but nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to smell or endure for the next 96+ hours. NOTHING. I run into the house and the putrid smell of vomit covered every inch of my being but I barely noticed it because Mommy mode kicked in and all I could hear is my baby boy yelling and crying at the top of his lungs in the middle of my bathroom floor. He was covered in throw up from head to toe and was scared to death. 


After a good scrub down in the tub and a new change of clothes he seemed to be fine and we came to the conclusion that he had eaten too much junk the night before and his diet had a bit more dairy in it than normal. I was hopeful that this was the first AND last episode he had for the day. For the time being it was all good in the Beemer house and I couldn't be more relieved.


Finally we were able to settle the house down and clean up from the craziness of Brody getting sick. we were in a rush because we still had a time frame for getting to Mike's reservation he had planned for late Friday afternoon. We allnpiled into the Suburban and left the house headed into the unknown; or at least I was.


To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. To be continued's are always interesting.. I can't wait to hear the rest of this..

    ReplyDelete