March 7, 2011

Leaky Pipes, Plumbers & Birthday Bliss?

I believe that today was one of the oddest Birthday celebrations that I have ever had with my husband....maybe it was the lack of celebration that saddens me. As many of you know I am a HUGE party person and love planning these shindigs so when my immediate family member doesn't get "their" special day planned by me I get a little bummed. Mike has never been big on celebrating his Birthday and he would be perfectly happy with receiving cards from everyone and calling it a day. However, I am the exact opposite and I want the balloons, flowers, gifts, cards, dinner and cake. I want it "all" and I also like to give that "all" to my family and friends. Tonight my husband got take out from Sonic and a card from myself...the kids card will have to wait until Wednesday when both are together to give it to him. Victoria had a soccer game tonight and didn't get home until after 9:00 and Brody was already in bed so I didn't want him to open their card until tomorrow because Brody was excited about it. However, that plan won't work because she has a soccer game tomorrow night so celebrating as a family will have to wait until Wednesday night. I know that it's probably my OCD kicking in because I like everything "perfect" and I want to control everything and this isn't the "perfect" scenario and I'm completely out.of.control concerning this situation. Eeeeekkkkk


The closing on our house is fastly approaching and the homeowners are trying to get everything fixed before Friday. Needless to say the past two weeks have been insane and our house has been a revolving door of plumbers, pool guys and handymen. As you know from my last post we had a water line break on Saturday night so that was top priority today and thankfully we *believe* it's fixed! The poor plumber was here all day and had to work on every single toilet, faucet/drain and water line inside our house but he got it all working so we no longer have red clay dirt running out of our faucets and the pressure is back to normal. Another problem arose when they were under the house and sometime this week they may have to pull my jacuzzi tub out of the master bath to fix a leak...praying that doesn't happen and there is NO leak. Mike's shower will be under construction later in the week so they can  pull all of the tile out and put new in. That should be interesting. I am starting to feel like we are Tom Hanks and Shelley Long in the movie "The Money Pit". Our house is showing normal wear and tear so I shouldn't complain; it's not really as bad as it sounds (and feels). 


I am keeping my fingers crossed that no problems arise this week other than the ones that are currently being fixed. I also PRAY nothing major happens after we close on Friday. How bad would that suck??? I can't even think about it. 

1 comment: